Flying House Productions (dba Seattle Men's Chorus and Seattle Women's Chorus) values diversity in all areas of its operations and welcomes and encourages all applications. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: Job applications must be sent as directed in individual postings. Please do not send job-related email to the webmaster or Chorus information feedback email box.
• There are currently no job postings
Current Open Position(s)
The Marketing Manager reports to the organization’s Director of Development & Marketing and is responsible for helping implement all aspects of marketing, branding, messaging, and public relations for Flying House Productions; developing and growing community outreach projects and performances; and overseeing plus providing back-up and support to the Box Office Manager.
- Works with Director of Development & Marketing on all marketing and promotion of programs, products, and events, including special events, public concerts, exhibits, educational programs, group travel, and fundraising events created by the Development department
- Works with the Director of Development & Marketing to implement annual marketing and public relations plan
- Assists with creating annual marketing budgets
- Attends all performances to manage front-of-house; responsible for transporting merchandise and front-of-house items to performance venues; oversees Merchandise Manager
- Staff liaison for the organization’s Outreach Committee, helps implement annual outreach activities, and manages Youth Ticket Outreach Program
- Provides box office support as needed at performances
- Works with Box Office Manager to provide ticketing system backup, and provide office sales assistance and oversight of box office volunteers as needed
- Provides sales analysis and develops sales strategies in collaboration with Director of Development & Marketing
- Prepares all concert programs in partnership with Encore
- Conducts regular audit of website and makes revisions on a regular basis
- Works with Graphic Designer in the creation and execution of all print, electronic and/or broadcast material
- Works with advertising sales rep to coordinate concert advertising
- Implements social media strategies and grows online visibility
- Works closely with Director of Development & Marketing on joint plans to establish and maintain marketing sponsorships for print, radio, accommodations, transportation, etc.
- Works with the Director of Development & Marketing as needed to implement annual fundraising plan, execution of fundraising events, and work on fundraising projects as needed
- Establishes and maintains marketing partnerships within the local arts and LGBT communities
- Participates in professional arts marketing groups and forums to gain and share knowledge, and to further the interests of FHP
- Recruits advisory group from marketing and public relations professionals to serve in an ongoing advisory capacity
- Manages Box Office Manager, PR Manager, and Graphic Designer
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Background or strong interest in arts administration, specifically marketing
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of working with ticketing and fundraising databases
- Knowledge and prior use of The Raiser’s Edge, Patron Edge, and Patron Edge Online is a plus
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Availability to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Solid interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects; set and meet deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must have a vehicle to help transport front-of-house items to performance venues
- Comfort in working with people of varying backgrounds and sexual orientations
BENEFITS and COMPENSATION
- Full-time, Exempt Position
- FHP employees currently receive subsidized medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance benefits, paid vacation, and sick leave
- Salary, DOE
- Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Matthew Arnold, Director of Development & Marketing, at
- Be prepared to provide three (3) references upon request.
- Position is open until filled.
- Preferred start date: January/February 2015
- No phone calls please.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Formed in 1979, the organization has grown to house both Seattle Men’s Chorus (SMC) and Seattle Women’s Chorus (SWC). Flying House Productions (FHP), the parent company for the Choruses, is the State of Washington’s largest and most influential choral organization and ranks third among the state’s music organizations in terms of budget, audience exposure, and ensemble size.
A world that accepts and values its gay and lesbian citizens.
Seattle Men's Chorus and Seattle Women's Chorus entertain, enlighten, unify and heal our audience and members, using the power of words and music to recognize the value of gay and straight people and their relationships.