Flying House Productions (dba Seattle Men's Chorus and Seattle Women's Chorus) values diversity in all areas of its operations and welcomes and encourages all applications. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: Job applications must be sent as directed in individual postings. Please do not send job-related email to the webmaster or Chorus information feedback email box.
• There are currently no job postings
Current Open Position(s)
Box Office Manager
This position is responsible for all aspects of Seattle Men’s Chorus | Seattle Women’s Chorus ticketing. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up and maintaining ticketing for events, processing ticket sales, setting up and maintaining subscriptions, training and managing a volunteer staff, reporting ticketing financial results, and maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Maintain regular Box Office hours (presently 12-7pm Mon – Fri) to process phone, Internet, mail and walk-up ticket orders, including single ticket sales, subscriptions, group orders, and ticket exchanges.
- Operate the box office at all Chorus performances.
- Develop and manage the Patron Edge ticketing system and process all transactions in an efficient manner.
- Set up and maintain events in Patron Edge, including subscription packages, products for sale and special promotions/events.
- Set up and maintain events in Patron Edge Online, including necessary graphics and details for online sales.
- Work with marketing to monitor ticket sales and projections.
- Work with partner organizations to set up ticketing promotions.
- Work with marketing to develop subscription campaigns and collateral, as well as assist with developing collateral for all shows.
- Provide exemplary customer service: demonstrate impeccable skills in working with the public with a positive attitude, flexibility, and the ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively.
- Quickly and calmly troubleshoot any potential box office technical difficulties or customer service issues that occur at performances
- Handle all transactions with fastidious attention to detail, discretion and security, and maintain professional behavior handling confidential information.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions, working closely with Accounting in reporting the financial transactions.
- Recruit, train and supervise Box Office volunteers, providing an environment in which they are adequately prepared and trained, appropriately monitored, and enthusiastically rewarded and thanked for their service.
- Be a part of the creative process! Share great ideas for future marketing and ticketing strategies!
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Background or strong interest in arts administration, specifically box office/ticketing
- Computer proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of working with ticketing and fundraising databases
- Knowledge and prior use of The Raiser’s Edge, Patron Edge, and Patron Edge Online is a plus
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Creative problem-solver and good organizational skills
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent verbal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- Solid interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously; set and meet deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs.
- Must have a vehicle to help transport box office items to performance venues
- Sense of humor!
- Comfort in working with people of varying backgrounds and sexual orientations
BENEFITS and COMPENSATION
- Full-time, Exempt Position
- FHP employees currently receive subsidized medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance benefits, paid vacation, and sick leave
- Salary, DOE
- Please send resume and cover letter to Kevin Carson at
- Be prepared to provide three (3) references upon request.
- Position open until filled.
- Preferred start date: February / March 2015
- No phone calls please.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Formed in 1979, the organization has grown to house both Seattle Men’s Chorus (SMC) and Seattle Women’s Chorus (SWC). Flying House Productions (FHP), the parent company for the Choruses, is the State of Washington’s largest and most influential choral organization and ranks third among the state’s music organizations in terms of budget, audience exposure, and ensemble size.
A world that accepts and values its gay and lesbian citizens.
Seattle Men’s Chorus and Seattle Women’s Chorus entertain, enlighten, unify and heal our audience and members, using the power of words and music to recognize the value of gay and straight people and their relationships.
Flying House Productions: home of Seattle Men’s Chorus and Seattle Women’s Chorus. Flying House Productions is a non-profit arts organization managing the operations of the two Choruses, as well as providing advocacy around LGBT issues. We are looking for a problem solver, who likes challenges and is excited to learn and grow within the organization. The Finance Associate will have their hands on virtually all aspects of accounting and finance and will report to the Finance Director. The position also supports the activities of fundraising, ticket office and Chorus management, primarily assisting with record-keeping, payment processing, and resolving questions with singing members, donors, and vendors. Come join the team, make your career sing!
Revenues, Deposits and Accounts Receivable
- Capture batches from Ticketing and Fundraising and post them to the accounting software
- Review and reconcile batches for accuracy and resolve questions
- Process bank deposits and record deposit transactions in the accounting software
- Process credit card charges from events, rehearsals and concert concession sales
- Process a small number of A/R invoices and ensure that payment is received
- Understand the agency budget and how to code invoices to account/department/project
- Code invoices, input into accounting system, and process vendor checks
- Process expense reimbursements and manage staff credit card statement
- Review invoices for accuracy and ensure they are paid according to terms and discounts taken
- Process bank drafts and record them in the accounting system
- Collect W-9 forms from outside contractors and process year-end Forms 1099
- Maintain vendor payment files
- Reconcile selected balance sheet accounts
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in monthly and year-end closing
- Update working papers
- Count concession inventory at month-end
Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Provide support for annual audit and preparation of Form 990 Tax Return
- File quarterly City and State Excise tax returns
- Assist with Gambling Commission reports (annual raffle) and audit
- Process forms W2-G for raffle
- Support development department during special events (record-keeping, processing payments, other general support)
- Budget support
- Perform other office duties, as requested by supervisor
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar accounting position
- Ability to manage workflow and meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of accounting controls and generally accepted accounting principles
- Good communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and volunteer singing members
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with fund accounting software (Financial Edge or SAGE) preferred
- Prior experience with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge, Auction Tracker) and ticketing software (Patron Edge) is a plus
- Be comfortable learning new software system and applications
- Four-year degree preferred (accounting or business)
- .6 FTE
- Flexible schedule, to be arranged with supervisor
- Additional hours during major events (auction, raffle, retreats, concert
- Some evening and weekend hours during holiday concert season
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate (based on experience)
- Vacation/holiday/sick leave, major medical benefits
- 401k plan
- Please send a cover letter and resume to with “Finance Associate” in the subject line.
- Please describe your unique qualifications and why you are interested in the position.
- References will be requested only from selected candidates.
- A background checks is required for this position.
- No phone calls please.