Flying House Productions (dba Seattle Men's Chorus and Seattle Women's Chorus) values diversity in all areas of its operations and welcomes and encourages all applications. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: Job applications must be sent as directed in individual postings. Please do not send job-related email to the webmaster or Chorus information feedback email box.
• There are currently no job postings
Current Open Position(s)
Flying House Productions: home of Seattle Men’s Chorus and Seattle Women’s Chorus. Flying House Productions is a non-profit arts organization managing the operations of the two Choruses, as well as providing advocacy around LGBT issues. We are looking for a problem solver, who likes challenges and is excited to learn and grow within the organization. The Finance Associate will have their hands on virtually all aspects of accounting and finance and will report to the Finance Director. The position also supports the activities of fundraising, ticket office and Chorus management, primarily assisting with record-keeping, payment processing, and resolving questions with singing members, donors, and vendors. Come join the team, make your career sing!
Revenues, Deposits and Accounts Receivable
- Capture batches from Ticketing and Fundraising and post them to the accounting software
- Review and reconcile batches for accuracy and resolve questions
- Process bank deposits and record deposit transactions in the accounting software
- Process credit card charges from events, rehearsals and concert concession sales
- Process a small number of A/R invoices and ensure that payment is received
- Understand the agency budget and how to code invoices to account/department/project
- Code invoices, input into accounting system, and process vendor checks
- Process expense reimbursements and manage staff credit card statement
- Review invoices for accuracy and ensure they are paid according to terms and discounts taken
- Process bank drafts and record them in the accounting system
- Collect W-9 forms from outside contractors and process year-end Forms 1099
- Maintain vendor payment files
- Reconcile selected balance sheet accounts
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in monthly and year-end closing
- Update working papers
- Count concession inventory at month-end
Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Provide support for annual audit and preparation of Form 990 Tax Return
- File quarterly City and State Excise tax returns
- Assist with Gambling Commission reports (annual raffle) and audit
- Process forms W2-G for raffle
- Support development department during special events (record-keeping, processing payments, other general support)
- Budget support
- Perform other office duties, as requested by supervisor
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar accounting position
- Ability to manage workflow and meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of accounting controls and generally accepted accounting principles
- Good communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and volunteer singing members
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with fund accounting software (Financial Edge or SAGE) preferred
- Prior experience with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge, Auction Tracker) and ticketing software (Patron Edge) is a plus
- Be comfortable learning new software system and applications
- Four-year degree preferred (accounting or business)
- .6 FTE
- Flexible schedule, to be arranged with supervisor
- Additional hours during major events (auction, raffle, retreats, concert
- Some evening and weekend hours during holiday concert season
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate (based on experience)
- Vacation/holiday/sick leave, major medical benefits
- 401k plan
- Please send a cover letter and resume to with “Finance Associate” in the subject line.
- Please describe your unique qualifications and why you are interested in the position.
- References will be requested only from selected candidates.
- A background checks is required for this position.
- No phone calls please.